3 on 3 basketball tournament
The Movement Worship Centre is hosting its 1st annual 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament on August 13, 2016!
Registration begins at 12:00 p.m. and games begin promptly at 1pm. The tournament will probably go until about 6:00 p.m. We will use the bracket system. Each winning team will progress to the next round. We will have a speaker for about 15 minutes, afterwards our pastor will speak about Unity. Everyone is encouraged to stay and listen!
Who can play
This is a guy's tournament, but ages 16 years or older are welcome. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. All others can sign their own waiver form.
Everyone is invited to watch!
Each team will pay $5 per player when his team registers (up to 4 players total to include 1 sub).
Rules of The Game
- Each team must have between 3 and 4 players on their roster. Only players on the roster are permitted to play.
- Substitution is unlimited, but permitted only when the ball is not in play.
- To begin the game, a 3-point shot will determine the right to possession.
- The ball will change possession after all made baskets, no "make it, take it."
- The ball will be "cleared" on EVERY change of possession. Failure to clear it will result in the loss of possession and the loss of any points resulting from that possession. Cleared means both feet and the ball behind the 3 point line.
- The ball must be checked by an opposing player before it is put into play. The ball must be passed to a teammate to begin to play.
- Scoring is by 1's and 2's.
- Each team is allowed one 1-minute time-out.
- Players call their own fouls, which results in a possession of the ball.
- Any games that get out of hand players will be disqualified.
- The sides and bottom of the backboard are inbounds. The top is out of bounds.
- Boundaries are the sidelines, end line, and the half court line.
Everyone is welcome. Register Below
Email Moses Blue if you have other questions.